Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Protector
The Protector is the first painting I did and is inspired by the Petroglyphs that are found in the Canyon Coso Range. Recently transplanted here, actually a leap of faith brought me here as I am in the final stages of waiting to go to trial and have justice served.

The story behind the Protector piece which was painted on June 21, 2015 is really the new beginning of my healing process. Now I can sleep at night and haven't had any night terrors since I moved to Ridgecrest, California. 

The message from the Protector is the "v" at the neck, two voices bond together acting as one, representing two lives but with one voice. The two halves of one heart, one from each other, still connected but separate to the body and yet still grounded to the earth. The head is in the heavens.

The loss of Anthony is so deep that I have one memory in my heart and have to accept that the two halves will never be whole again on this earth. He is my Protector and has gotten me here today. I reside now in the high desert where the wind is magical and the sacred ground that I walk upon keeps me safe. I never thought I would land here but I did and I am all the better for it.

I think the symbolism speaks loudly in this piece. I am his voice, he is my heart. When doing this painting I just flowed with it and no sketch was done prior. It just came to me like the "W" that happens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment